Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find a friendly group in your local area - train to become an APUK Group Facilitator!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Any mummies near Biggin Hill?
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:13 am by Lmarierich

» Hello West Sussex AP'ers!
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:48 pm by nikki007

» New person
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm by farawaytree

» Anybody AP in Leicester?
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:59 am by lauriebear

» [color=green]New group being formed in Thanet - would you be interested?[/color]
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 am by skyeblu

» Any Mummy's in East Sussex?
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:18 pm by Charli_Sparkle

» Hello, nice to meet you
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 am by dianemk

» Any APers in East Surrey?
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 am by Jones.morgan

» AP mummies in Cheltenham?
How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:27 am by Jocasta

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

How to Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+11
arethousa
CrazyDiamond
NattyD
magslowe
pantha
sparklez
mrsmcdine
MissLina
shawnie123
CarolS_12
Admin
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to Introduce Yourself! Empty
PostSubject: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 am

Feel free to introduce yourself by name and whether you are pregnant, have children or are considering trying to conceive. Let us know your childrens' ages and what you do - are you a stay-at-home parent or do you work? It would probably be really useful to say where you live (as specifically as you wish) as there will always be parents looking to find others who are local and like-minded. For example:

Hello, I am Michelle and I have two dds age 1 and 4. I have been practising AP since my eldest was 5 weeks old and struggling to sleep - I came across the Dr Sears website and the rest made sense! I am a stay-at-home mum but I run an Attachment Parenting Support Group and am involved in a Home Learners Group. I live near Totnes in Devon. I am really pleased to join the forum and am looking forward to sharing ideas about toddler behaviour and positive discipline Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://attachmentparenting.forumotion.co.uk
CarolS_12

PostSubject: Hello   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 am

Hi
Im Carol from Somerset and a SAH mum with 5 children aged 17,16,12,7 and 1. I have never done AP until baby #5 arrived. I home educate and having learnt lots about babywearing, breastfeeding etc I decided to do it this time. Having managed it fine til now, toddlerhood has thrown up lots of questions that I hope others can answer.
Back to top Go down
shawnie123

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 am

hi i'm shawnie wah mum to a 3.5 year old and bump that shall be known as goblin until something else sticks. we're from the nw and our ap connection came about slowly as i found books that matched what we were already doing and eventually put it together. Smile
Back to top Go down
MissLina

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 am

Hi there, It's all very quiet and sparkly new looking on here!!

I'm Karolina, working mum to my little 13 month old dd Zofia. We live in Wantage, Oxfordshire with my husband Matt. I guess we have kind of practiced AP from the start but only really stumbled across the name for it later, mainly through American blogs and websites. I am so pleased that support networks like this exist as I know I still have so much to learn and as my little bundle grows so do the challenges. I have found there to be very little support for some of the parenting decisions I have made and would love to start a local support group to support existing local AP families (if they exist Surprised ) but also to help spread awareness that the there are "other ways" of doing things Wink
Back to top Go down
mrsmcdine

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:05 am

Hi there,
my name is Jackie and I have a 14months old son. I am a freelance photographer based in Wiltshire so get to spend lots of time with my little one, which is great! We've been practising AP from the start but without realising...we were just following our instincts. It was only when I was starting to doubt myself (due to everyone telling me are spoiling him) that I stumbled across AP when a friend gave me an AP book by Dr Sears, which made me realise that what we were doing was completely right! I am now part of a wonderful AP Group in Bradford-on-Avon and am looking forward to this forum building up too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How to Introduce yourself   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:21 am

Hi Jackie! We would love to know more about your group so we can list you on the regional search map on the website - would you be able to send us a link and a short description and we'll happily give you a shout out on our active Facebook page too :-)
Back to top Go down
mrsmcdine

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 am

I have just checked and it is already listed on the AP UK website. I was going to post the FB link too but am not able to yet, as I just registered.
Back to top Go down
sparklez

PostSubject: Hi   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 am

Hi there

I'm Judi, mostly SAH mum but work a few hours a week with autistic children. I have a 8 month old DD Meghan. I came across AP while pregnant and am very lucky to have an established local AP group which has introduced me to lots of wonderful mamas. I'm based in Crewe, Cheshire and as our local group leader was ready to step down I have agreed to take over the group and looking forward to the facillitator training which has come at ust the right time for us. Lovely to meet you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pantha

PostSubject: Hello :-)   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi I'm Lorna, sahm of three lovely children who are 19, 15 and 5. My 5 year old ds has aspergers syndrome and is currently under investigation for narcolepsy at Addenbrooks so our days are quite interesting! I struggled with anger and emotional issues when I had my older 2, I've pretty much been on my own with them all their lives, and did yell a lot although a lot of the way I brought them up was definitely AP (breastfeeding, as much carrying as poss and co-sleeping). I am striving to do it differently with ds (definitely trying really hard not to raise my voice), he still sleeps with me and I nursed til he was past three, and I am really struggling due to lack of support!. Would be nice to find like minded mums near me, most of my friends just don't get me lol. I'm in Luton, Bedfordshire but also spend a lot of time at my bf's in Halstead, Essex.
Back to top Go down
magslowe

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi I'm mags, vocal coach & mum to a 9 month sleep-fighting little girl. Am in Stockport area. Have coslept, breastfed & slingworn since her birth. I didn't set out to; its what I felt.she needed. So we have an empty nursery, cot and pram; and virtually unused (except.for a bit of pumping) collection of bottles & steriliser. Thankfully it was all given to us so no dosh wasted! The gap between me and other mums is widening as most are stopping breastfeeding etc so as I venture into unknown and generally unsupported territory I am.looking for supportive chat & experience sharing with local mums.
Back to top Go down
NattyD

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 pm

hi all, Natalie here from sydenham south london. An AP parent from the start with our first little one Nye who is only seven weeks old! Came across Dr Sears and others while preparing for his arrival. Looking forward to hearing from you much more experienced mamas. Hoping we get these forums filled with people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrazyDiamond

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 am

Hello !
I'm Beth and live close to Bristol. I have a 1 year old DD, and only heard of the term AP when she was about 4 months or so, i had just done what felt right for us and it worked, i called it instinct ! .
I had been using The Cloth Nappy Tree forum, until their old site closed down, and i hope this forum can take its place for me, somewhere to visit on those rare moments when you have 5 minutes free time and a hot cup of coffee
I'm lucky to be a SAHM, married and in my early 40's.
Look forward to sharing ideas, giving and recieving support and finding out more about AP.
Cheers for now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How to Introduce Yourself   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 am

It's wonderful to meet so many of you - we urge you to post in your local county on the forum so that those close to you can find you really easily! Thank you everyone :-)
Back to top Go down
arethousa

PostSubject: Hello from the Midlands   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 am

Hi all,

Im a mid-thirty's mum of a 1 yr old little boy. My partner and I became interested in AP very soon after our son was born as it felt so natural and "right" for us. We started researching and reading around parenting issues, beginning with Dr Sears but there have been a great deal more books since then. We began BW and Bedsharing from 6 weeks on-wards as part of our parenting choices as well and still do so. Over time we have become more and more certain AP is how we want to raise our son (and hopefully some future kids too!) and are looking to meet others in the surrounding community for sharing ideas, research and to support each other. I've recently decided to stop working and be a stay at home mum too, so I am embarking on a whole new world!
Back to top Go down
lyndseyhapg

PostSubject: Hello from Hartlepool   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 am

Hello I'm Lyndsey and Im mum to 4yo DD and 1yo DS. We'd love more in the future at some point.

I started AP with my DD as i found more literature that followed the way i wanted to parent. For both children Ive used cloth nappies since birth, breastfed, babywearing, co-sleeping, blw, baby sign & massage.
I work part time, but I also trained earlier this year as a NCT peer supporter so work as a volunteer for that and im also a nappy guru.

I set up Hartlepool Attachment Parenting Group in March as there were no support groups in my area and I knew very few other parents who wished to parent in the AP way. Since then it has flourished with around 12 families (we get mums and dads coming along) each meet. We have regular meets fortnightly but that will be movng to weekly come January. As part of our group we run a cloth nappy library and a sling library. We are growing steadily as word of mouth spreads and we get new people turning up each meet.

Im looking forward to doing the APUK training as a group facilitator along with Jess who runs the group with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hapg.webs.com
GGEM

PostSubject: Hi   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 am

Hi! I'm Victoria and I have 4 children, Jessica (11) Aaron (7) Benjamin (5) and Amelia (7month), I would LOVE another 2 Very Happy
I live in Wakefield West Yorkshire. I guess I have practiced AP from having Aaron but never put much thought in to it until I was pregnant with Amelia and started the research in to what wrap to get, I pretty much stumbled across it, read, study read some more and voila! here I am! Reading about AP and having groups like this are a sanity saver, It has confirmed what i knew all along. Up until the pregnancy of #4 I just followed instinct, kept my head down and prayed no body questioned me or made comments. Now I have back up and lots and lots of info Very Happy
I'm hoping to start up an AP group but want to wait for the training (super exciting!!!!) bounce
Back to top Go down
MommyLisa

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am

Im Lisa, im 22 years old and I have a son whos almost 9 months old, im engaged and a, almost, stepmom to two children (9 & 6).
We cosleep, breastfeed, baby wear, cloth nappy and ill practice positive disipline when my babys older.
I'd love another child at one point Smile

Im currently a SAHM but when my LO(s) are in school im gonna go to uni to become a midwife Smile

I love everything nature, im pagan (SO is athiest) and love hiking, camping, starbucks, playdates and having fun with the kiddies.

My fiance is 11 years older than me (he was my manager lol) but we work.

Wanna chat etc feel free to PM me

Lisa.
Back to top Go down
bluebirdwhobird

PostSubject: I think i posted this in the wrong section before, you can tell i'm new here !   How to Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 am

Hiya from Codicote Hertfordshire !

I'm Leanne, mum of 2.
A Beautiful little girl 9 months and crazy boy whos just over 2.
I started practising AP when my son was about 14 months. I had heard of it before but never fully understood its values and what it teaches us about ourselves and our children... now my world is more peaceful (well, as peaceful as it can be with 2 under 3 !) and i love it Smile

I'm hoping to start a group in my area soon.. Yay!

Love ♥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Introduce Yourself!   How to Introduce Yourself! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Useful Information for Visitors :: Introductions-
Jump to: